MESA Institutional Membership
MESA's Board of Directors may admit as Institutional Members without the voting privilege academic or philanthropic institutions which meet such qualifications as may be established by the members of the Association. They shall be entitled to attend all public meetings of the Association and to receive all publications of the Association. Annual dues as established by the Board of Directors must be paid to retain membership.
MESA currently has approximately 60 Institutional members. Annual dues are $1000.
- International Journal of Middle East Studies (quarterly) - print and digital
- Review of Middle East Studies (biannually) - digital
- Issues in Middle East Studies (biannually) - digital (print available)
- Two complimentary registrations for the MESA annual meeting
- Mailing labels of MESA membership (2 sets per year)
- Waived meeting inconjunction fee
Institutional members are listed in Issues in Middle East Studies, website, and annual meeting program.
Applying for MESA Institutional Membership
To apply for institutional membership, an institution should submit to the Secretariat a letter of interest, a list of directors, and descriptive information about the institution and its programs (e.g. brochures, sample publications). Applications are reviewed by MESA’s Board of Directors which meets twice a year - spring and fall. To be considered at the spring meeting, submit materials by April 1. To be considered at the fall meeting, submit materials three weeks before the annual meeting dates.